The R2® Vest provides superior midweight warmth and insulation under a shell. It's made of a breathable, high-loft fleece that's lightweight, stretchy and compressible.
As every mountain minimalist knows, little can match the weight-to-redemption value of high-loft core warmth. Our dialed and refined R2® fabric (Polartec® Thermal Pro®) is supremely warm, with great stretch and a soft hand, while being incredibly compressible, breathable and light. The short-sheared but high-loft polyester face has a smooth appearance and insulates especially well underneath a shell; its directional knit wicks superbly, speeding dry times. Breathable, warm stretch panels (Polartec Power Stretch®) along the sides allow for a close, mobile fit. With a softly lined inner collar and chin flap for skin comfort, offset shoulder seams to stay clear of pack straps and zippered handwarmer pockets.Key Features of the Patagonia R2 Fleece Vest:
- Exceptional warmth-to-weight ratio, stretchy, compressible and breathable
- Directional knit wicks moisture and speeds dry time
- Collar and chin flap lined with Polartec Power Stretch fabric (made with recycled polyester) for next-to-skin comfort
- Shoulder yoke offset for comfort with pack straps
- Polartec Power Stretch fabric panels under the arms allow for a close fit, improved motion and increased durability in high-wear areas
- Pockets: Two zippered handwarmers
- Body: 6.1-oz Polartec® Thermal Pro® 97% polyester (64% recycled)/3% spandex. Side panels: 6.6-oz Polartec Power Stretch® 88% polyester (60% recycled)/12% spandex
- 232 g (8.2 oz)
- Made in Colombia.
- We recycle used soda bottles, unusable second quality fabrics and worn out garments into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.