Clean Edge Location
Why does only half of my Freeride have Clean Edge? Clean Edge is a revolutionary technology that reduces drag by 50% over traditional skis. Less drag equals more lift and it is the lift on the rear 50% of the Freeride’s running length that allows it to be skied at wake boards speeds with low drag, low spray and low effort. From under the skier’s front foot, up through the forebody of the ski, the Freeride utilizes a traditional slalom ski edge design. This traditional edge has greater drag, less lift and as a result rides deeper in the water for the stable, traditional feel skiers covet.
3D Shark Fin
We’ve taken the traditional 2D waterski fin model to the next level by creating a NACA Airfoil inspired 3-dimensional fin for more lift and lower drag. Acting like an airplane wing, this shark-fin enhances ski versatility by increasing glide speed and turning properties.
Traditional slalom course water skis have rounded-off bevels, mellow entry concaves and stiff flexes because they are designed to be slide around the buoy as much as carve. The Freeride is a carving machine! Clean Edge Technology, the steep-entry-concave, and Shark Fin provide unmatched edge hold, for pure carved turns. Similar to a snow ski, skiers are actually bending the Freeride into a more rockered shape to turn it. As a result, HO designed the Freeride Flex with a snow-ski-inspired flex pattern to allow effortless carves every time.
- Clean Edge Technology for 50% less drag than conventional skis. Allows for comfortable skiing at wakeboard boat speeds
- SpeedSkin Base: advanced laminar textured ski base for reduced ski drag and increased ski speed
- Carve Rails for amazing edge hold when laying down powerful arcs
- Carve Flex for active rocker carving
- 3D Shark Fin – NACA Airfoil inspired 3-dimensional fin for more lift and lower drag