Blizzard-busting warmth and classic military function for on and off-hill battles in the coldest climates.
< br>Wage war against the coldest conditions in the UNDEFEATED x Alpha x Burton N-3B Parka. Outer-space-grade warmth is achieved through the combined forces of strategically mapped THERMOLITE« Insulation with a fur-lined scuba hood. Elements are repelled with the choice of a Toray or Flight Satin shell fabric that is the same used by the Swiss Military. Fit dimensions are precisely tuned for mountain missions and urban exploits alike, while full litany of custom Velcro« patches gives you free reign to personalize your look.
Product History: The first N-3B jackets were produced in the mid 1950s for USAF air crews who were assigned to transport troops in extremely cold climates. The parkas were originally made with a nylon outer shell and lining and a wool interlining. The interlining was changed to polyester batting in the 1970s. The long, sage green jackets became known as the "Snorkel Parka" because the fur-trimmed hood could be zipped right up leaving only a small tunnel for the wearer to look out of. The modern N-3Bs have slant pockets at the chest and flap pockets lower on the coat, and a panel that fastens with loops across the zipper to keep out wind. Today most use synthetic fur around the hood. The N-3B was the first jacket Alpha Industries made for the U.S. government in 1959 and we went on to produce it for the consumer market in the 1980s. In 1993 we introduced new colors including maroon, black and navy blue. Today we make several variations of the traditional N-3B.
- WATERPROOFING: DRYRIDE DurashellTM 2-Layer Polyamide Twill Weave Fabric [10,000MM, 10,000G] [Coyote Tan / UNDFTD Camo Colorway]
- WATERPROOFING: DRYRIDE Durashell 2-Layer Solid Polyester Micro Twill Weave Fabric [5,000MM, 5,000G] [Black Ops Colorway]
- WARMTH: Mapped with bluesign« Approved Recycled THERMOLITE« Insulation [100G Body / 80G Sleeves] and Printed Soft Taffeta and Mesh Lining
- Fully Taped Seams
- Fulltime Military Style Scuba Hood with Removable Faux Fur Trim
- YKK CNT5« Waterproof Zippers
- Zippered Media Pocket
- Welt Entry Chest Pockets on Lining
- Removable Zippered Arm Pocket